Sleep Number and GhostBed’s manufacturer, Nature’s Sleep have been producing mattresses for a long time. They both produce varieties of mattresses for different budgets.
Even so, there are significant distinctions between GhostBed and Sleep Number, particularly in construction. Read on to find out all you need about these mattress brands.
GhostBed is a high-quality bed in a box that is affordable to all customers. If you sleep on your stomach or are a hot sleeper, consider buying this mattress.
Sleep Number vs. GhostBed: What They’re All About
Sleep Number is popular for its adjustable air beds, which allow you to adjust their firmness level and support using a remote control.
There are four-bed series, beginning with Classic Series and culminating with the 360 Smart Beds. Within every series, there are a variety of models with varying levels of comfort.
Couples enjoy these beds because they are constructed with multiple air chambers, allowing each person to adapt to their chosen temperature without sacrificing the other person’s comfort. If you’re ready to shop for beds, check out our list of the best beds.
The cost of each bed varies based on the model and series. The cheapest model (c-2) costs $1,099 for a queen size, while the most expensive model (i-10 360 SmartBed) costs $5,299. Every Sleep Number mattress has a 100-night trial period and a 30-year warranty.
Sleep Number 360 p5 Smart Ber
The Sleep Number 360 p5 is a comfortable, flexible, and supportive mattress from the Sleep Number Performance Series.
A GhostBed mattress is 11-inches thick and entirely of foam, with a 1.5-inch ” top layer of latex foam and a 2-inch layer of gel memory foam underneath. GhostBed rates their mattress 6.5 on a firmness scale of 1-10, but we rate it 7/10. This medium-to-firm mattress is excellent for the average sleeper.
The bed arrives well-packed in a carton delivered to your home. Although it has a similar fashion to other bed-in-a-box brands, the price is competitive, significantly lower compared to brands such as Casper. A GhostBed queen-size mattress currently costs $1 395.
Nature’s Sleep, the company behind GhostBed, produces a variety of bedding such as mattresses, mattress toppers, and foundations. Produced in the United States, the mattress has a warranty and a 101-night trial period. Check out the GhostBed mattress review here on Sleepify.
Sleep Number mattresses are grouped into the Classic Series, Innovative Series, 360 Smart Beds, and Performance Series.
The multiple air chamber option with adjustable sleep number settings is included in all beds. It serves as the foundation of your Sleep Number bed.
Each series is essentially a continuation of the last. The c2, cSE, and c4 beds in the Classic Series are the most basic, with only a few layers between the mattress top and the air chamber(s).
You will find the most significant layers and more enhanced features in the 360 Smart Beds and Innovation Series.
The following are a few of the extra features available on higher-end versions:
- Additional layers for comfort (Plush Fit, Multiple Gel Memory Foam, and Exclusive Fit)
- A temperature-regulating mattress surface
- Support for contouring in 5 to 7 zones
- The SleepIQ Technology
- Beds that fine-tune to your position effortlessly and automatically (Smart Beds)
The GhostBed structure is made up of the following components:
- The soft and stretchy cover is made of a blend of polyester and viscose and has a much better feel than other brands’. It can also be unzipped and removed for cleaning.
- A 1.5-inch latex layer: Many bed-in-a-box mattresses come with a latex luxury layer because it has a more excellent spring and reaction than a memory foam mattress. It also prevents the mattress from being too heated to sleep on.
- A 2-inch gel memory foam layer: GhostBed claims that the gel memory foam layer is a proprietary mix with large cells, making it more responsive to your body for chilly nights.
- A 7.5-inch base foam: This provides a bottom layer of support and makes the mattress more durable.
You Will Love Sleep Number If:
You want a firm mattress one day and a plush one the next
Every Sleep Number bed comes with a dual adjustability function. It enables you to customize the comfort, support, and hardness on both sides of your bed to meet your personal preferences. If your current sleep number setting doesn’t give you all the comfort you need, you can easily adjust it with the remote control that comes with the bed.
You’ve got money to spend on a luxurious bed
Sleep Number beds range from basic to deluxe. The cheapest Sleep Number bed costs$899 for a king-size, but the 360 Smart Bed Series are more expensive.
Other Sleep Number accessories, such as FlexFit Adjustable Bases or sheets, can be purchased to make your mattress look more attractive.
If you have the money, you can purchase the air bed, adjustable bases, and other add-ons.
You want to try it in person
Sleep Number is a popular mattress brand with retail stores all over the country. The staff at the showrooms will help you find your unique sleep number and recommend the best mattress for you.
You Will Love GhostBed If:
You’re looking for great value
Unlike other renowned online mattress brands like Casper, we believe GhostBed offers the most value. GhostBed is manufactured by a giant corporation that produces thousands of mattresses. This large scale production enables them to auction a bed of comparable quality at a lower price.
You sleep in multiple positions
Although we didn’t have a “wow” experience with this mattress, it does provide adequate support. Hence you can sleep in any position — back, stomach, and side — without sacrificing comfort.
You are a hot sleeper
The acrylic top layer of the mattress is designed to keep you cool while you sleep. The gel memory foam layer has a unique formula that increases breathability.
One of the reasons why people prefer Sleep Number beds is because you can modify the firmness and balance of your mattress at any moment using the remote control.
Your sleep number setting represents the degree of hardness and support you prefer. The higher your sleep number, the firmer the bed. Sleep Number settings range from 0-to 100.
Sleep numbers are unique to you and might fluctuate as your sleep pattern changes. Your stiffness and support will be affected by the model you choose. Choosing a model with soft layers between your mattress air chamber and the top will provide a different experience than choosing a more basic type.
Because of the top latex cover, the GhostBed rebounds quite quickly for a foam mattress. The additional spring is sufficient to ensure you aren’t “stuck in bed. This gives it an advantage over other memory foam mattresses. While GhostBed rates it 6.5/10 in hardness, we rate it 7/10.
We believe the hardness of your mattress allows you to be comfortable in any sleeping position you choose. Therefore, it’s excellent for back, stomach, and side sleepers. This is a beautiful choice for persons who change sleeping positions at night and partner with different sleeping postures.
Air Pedic Mattress as an Option
Although air beds aren’t as inexpensive as more mattress types, the Air Pedic 800 Series Mattress from Selectabed is one of our Best Value options. Given its standard and features, this 13.5-inch series is reasonably priced.
A responsive 1-inch hypergel soft upper cooling layer and a 1.5-inch gel-infused support layer for additional pressure relief and ventilation are included in the Air-Pedic 800 Series Mattress. Although the alternative layer isn’t as buoyant as the hypergel support layer, it keeps you from submerging too far into the bedstead. A 1.5-inch HD Flex Comfort layer sits beneath this, supporting your contours while reducing pressure points.
A 2-inch Resili-Flex support layer sits between your mattress’s foam layer and air chambers, providing extra pressure relief. Thanks to its flexible urethane structure, the lower 6-chamber, its multi-zone air system, is designed to promote proper spine alignment. The mattress includes a separate lumbar support control to adjust your comfort levels using its remote control. You can also find the best alternatives to Sleep Number mattresses ranked on Sleepify.
- Hot sleepers: The Air Pedic 800 Series is created to keep sleepers cool and comfortable with completely flexible air chambers and separate gel-infused memory foam layers.
- Couples: Thanks to its full adjustability function and the inclusion of separate remotes, couples don’t have to settle for one stiffness setting. This model is available in four king categories.
- Backache sufferers: The Air-Pedic separate lumbar support control promotes proper spine alignment, thus reducing the risk of back pain.
- Value-seekers: Compared to similar-quality adjustable air beds, the Air-Pedic 800 Series is a cost-effective solution.
Not Best For:
- People on a shoestring budget: Although air beds are our best value selection, they’re still relatively pricey compared to other mattresses, so they may not suit individuals on a tighter budget.
- Those who are averse to tech and -accessories: An air bed isn’t the ideal option for individuals who find personalization and additional devices daunting. If you have a simple sleeping preference, you don’t need the Air Pedic 800 Series.
Both GhostBed and Sleep Number provide options for individuals on a tight budget, so it’s up to you to decide whether you like foam mattresses or air beds. The flexibility of Sleep Number beds is suitable for partners with various sleep preferences. GhostBed, on the other hand, may appeal to individuals who prefer slightly stronger beds and wish to make things simple.
Fortunately, they both come with a 100-night trial period, so you can test out your new mattress to ensure it’s a perfect choice.