The need for heavy-duty bed frames is in demand for people with a heavier build. Some of the key aspects to consider when looking for a bed frame for a heavier person are the sturdy structure, metal railings and multiple legs. While there is an abundant amount of choices on the market, there are some bed frames that stand out by its premium quality.
Apart from acting as a key feature of your bedroom, by investing in a durable and long-lasting frame means providing yourself with space for comfortable and cozy bedtime that will ensure the best sleep quality. The firm but comfortable support creates a perfect sleep experience and the ample space means enough room to move around freely.
We’ve reviewed 10 of the best bed frames on the market that will provide you with the extra comfort and support that you need.
Top 10 Bed Frames for a Heavy Person
- Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Platform Bed Frame
- Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation
- Modway Horizon Full Bed Frame in Gray
- Olee Sleep 18 Inch Tall Heavy Duty Non-slip Bed Frame
- Best Price Mattress Twin Bed Frame
- Mantua PB46XL Premium Platform Base in Silver
- “Monster” – HEAVY DUTY – Adjustable Frame
- Classic Brands Hercules Heavy-Duty 14-Inch Platform Metal Bed Frame
- MALOUF STRUCTURES Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
- Kings Brand Furniture 7-Leg Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
1. Zinus 14 Inch SmartBase Platform Bed Frame
Zinus offers an extensive collection of bed frames that have a steady build that provides enough support. This 14-inch Smartbase Platform Foundation is a perfect pick for those with a heavier build. The steel construction of wires and frames ensures that the frame provides enough support while still remaining comfortable.
The frame is exceptionally easy to assemble. It requires no tools or box spring and it can be done in minutes. Thanks to the folding feature, it is easy to store, move or put away.
– Easy assembly and set up
– Durable steel construction that lasts for years
– 13-inch storage space underneath the bed
– Adequate support and comfort with a weight limit of 2,400 pounds
– Different bed sizes available
– Innovative folding design
– Plastic caps on feet prevent scratches
– SmartBase headboard brackets required if you want to attach it to the headboard
2. Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation
This is another Zinus mattress made for a heavy person. Made out of durable materials, the steel rails and wires ensure durability. It doesn’t require box springs and is designed especially for high-end premium mattresses. Available in different sizes, you can choose from the king, queen, twin, or a full bed.
Designed for big and tall people, the sturdy structure of this bed frame has great support in the middle. The assembly is easy and can be done without any tools. The bed frame is also foldable which makes storage and moving easy.
– Designed especially for tall, big and heavy people
– Steel construction of wires and rails
– Hassle-free assembly
– Ergonomic construction allowing quick folding
– Extra storage space
– Durable construction and firm support
– Designed to support high-quality premium mattresses
– If you want to attach a headboard, you need to purchase SmartBase headboard brackets
3. Modway Horizon Full Bed Frame in Gray
This bed frame has a 1300lb weight limit and is made to hold and support people that are within that limit. Being foldable, it is an easy one to move, clear away, or store. It comes with the 14-inch space for storage underneath.
The feature worth mentioning is its exceptional understructure that makes sure that the stainless steel metal legs and frames don’t get damaged or bent over time. It comes in different sizes, and you can also choose from 8 colours.
– Foldable and easy to store
– 1300lb weight limit
– Provides sufficient storage with 14-inch of space underneath
– Long-lasting stainless steel construction that keeps shape over time
– Resistant pillars and amazing support
– A choice of colours
– King-size not available
4. Olee Sleep 18 Inch Tall Heavy Duty Non-slip Bed Frame
The Olee Sleep 18-inch bed frame is one of the bigger options from the list. The construction is stable and durable providing enough support for the extra weight. The enclosed frame provides gaps that fit the mattress perfectly making it stable enough no matter how much you move.
Assembled within minutes, you’ll have your bed ready for sleeping almost as soon as you get it. With 16.5 inches of space underneath, you have more than enough storage for the things you want to put away.
– The mattress is kept in place by an enclosed frame
– 18-inch heavy-duty frame that provides a lot of support and stable understructure
– Easy assembly
– Metal construction
– 16.5 inches of space underneath for storage
– Some customer reviews say that the legs are slightly wobbly
5. Best Price Mattress Twin Bed Frame
This bed frame is especially suitable for those who are fans of modern and minimalist bedroom interior designs. The durable steel construction provides reliable quality that doesn’t decline over time. It comes in twin, twin XL, queen, king, full, or California king bed sizes.
The durable steel slats ensure proper support and stability, with a non-slip railing that keeps the mattress in place. The heavy-duty construction of the steel base makes this bed frame very solid.
– Heavy-duty steel base and a durable metal bed frame
– Steel slats enhance the stability and quality
– 11 inches of storage space underneath
– Easy assembly
– No additional brackets needed for installing headboards
– Small storage space underneath compared to the other frames
– Doesn’t include non-slip caps for the feet to protect the floor
6. Mantua PB46XL Premium Platform Base in Silver
Matua PB46XL bed base is an excellent choice for those who are looking for a bed frame that can hold a serious amount of extra weight. With a total limit of 4,000 lbs, it will be a suitable fit for a fat person. The silver base is durable but also provides a sleek look for your bedroom. There is no need for box springs with this one either.
The assembly is effortless and you can use it on its own or even combine it with your own bed frame. Space underneath provides 14 inches for storage.
– Big maximum capacity of 4000 lbs
– Heavy-duty and supportive enough for big and fat people
– 14-inch storage space underneath
– Effortless assembly
– Silver touches give it an elegant look
– Can be noisy
7. “Monster” – HEAVY DUTY – Adjustable Frame
The “Monster” bed frame is engineered specifically to provide extra durability and sturdiness. Some of its unique features that reinforce these qualities include a wide centre bar, two heavy-duty rails on both sides and a combination of metal and plastic that reinforce the stability.
The features wheels enable you to move it to a different spot as well as secure it in place without being wiggly. It is also adjustable, which means you can expand or resize it according to the bed size you need.
– Firm bed frame with a concrete foundation
– Wide centre bar and railings enhancing stability
– Exceptionally heavy-duty make it especially suitable for heavier people
– Wheels allow easy maneuvering but also lock it securely in place
– Quick assembly and set up
– Adjustable according to the bed size you need
– Not long enough for some mattresses
8. Classic Brands Hercules Heavy-Duty 14-Inch Platform Metal Bed Frame
A heavy-duty metal bed frame that doesn’t require box springs and still provides a rigid foundation that can support any type of mattress, the Classic Brands Hercules is a great choice. Constructed especially to provide extra support for heavier people, it will provide an exceptional and comfortable sleeping experience. It is foldable, so you can move or store it without any hassle.
It provides 13 inches of space underneath and can be assembled with minimal effort and without any equipment. The legs include caps so that your floor is protected from the scratches.
– Solid support for a comfortable sleep and any kind of mattress
– Foldable and easy to move or store
– Easy installation that doesn’t require equipment
– Capped legs protect the floor from scratches
– Extra storage underneath
– You need to buy brackets if you want to attach a headboard
9. MALOUF STRUCTURES Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
The Malouf Structures is another adjustable bed frame that allows you to adjust the size depending on the kind of bed you need, including the queen, twin or full. The bed frame is set up easily and requires no tools.
This bed frame comes with four wheels in each corner which makes easy maneuvering possible. At the same time, you can lock in place to keep stable. The patented Tri-support braces enhance the durability and make this bed frame steady even for people with a heavier build.
– Patented tri-support braces make it more durable
– Wheels for easy moving but also locking it in the place
– Provides the essential support for the mattress
– Equipment-free assembly
– Can’t be adjusted to king size
10. Kings Brand Furniture 7-Leg Adjustable Metal Bed Frame
Another adjustable bed frame on the list, this 7-leg bed frame from Kings Brand Furniture provides excellent support with two long and thick metal rails and a concrete foundation. It can be easily adjusted to a twin, full, full XL, or a queen-size bed, according to your needs.
The assembly is easy and shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes. The wheels make the bed frame easy to move and keep it locked in one spot without wobbling.
– Adjustable frame with 7 legs
– Can be resized according to the bed you need
– Metal construction gives the bed frame extra durability
– Wide centre support with two long metal rails on the sides
– Wheels make it easy to move
– Hassle-free assembly
– Cannot be adjusted to a king bed
– Not as much storage space underneath as the other bed frames
Key Factors to Consider Before Buying
What are the main aspects you should consider when picking the best bed frame for heavy people? Here are the key factors to consider to ensure that the purchase will suit your needs.
Material and Durability
The material used for the construction of the bed frame is especially important when picking the one for heavier people. The steel and metal are great picks since they provide enough durability as well as support for the mattress.
Size and Weight Capacity
The frames come in different sizes, so consider what kind of size you need or what kind of mattress you plan to use it with. The sizes range from Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, or a King-size. Some beds can be even adjusted to different sizes.
The weight capacity is an important aspect to consider especially when choosing a bed for heavy people. Thinking of this in advance will ensure that the bed will provide enough support and comfort for your sleep.
Difficulty of Assembly
Easy installation makes the process hassle-free and effortless. The designs that are straightforward and easy to install will save you a headache and time, making sure your new bed will be ready within minutes. The foldable designs can be even easier and more practical.
Some bed frames offer wheels that make it easy to move or adjustability so you can change the size according to what kind of bed you need. The foldable designs make the bed easy to store and set up.
The Bottom Line
There is a massive selection of heavy-duty beds on the market. In order to find exactly what you’re looking for and avoid unwanted disappointment, consider the durability, size, weight capacity, difficulty of assembly and other extra features you might need.
Shopping for a bed frame suitable for heavier people shouldn’t be a problem. And investing in an appropriate bed frame that is durable, sturdy as well as high-quality will provide a restful, comfortable and cozy sleep even for a heavier person.